At Avalon Airport we want to do everything we can to keep our passengers safe from Covid-19 when travelling. We have instigated a range of measures to do so, and we also ask for your assistance. Help us to help you stay safe.
- Links & Information
- How We're Looking After Your Health
- How You Can Help Us
- Victoria's permit system for all domestic travel into the state
Victoria's Travel Permit System
For up-to-date information about Victoria's Travel Permit System please click on the following link on the Coronavirus website: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/victorian-travel-permit-system
Tests are free for everyone. There are almost 200 sites to get tested across Victoria. For more information go to https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19.
At home testing may be available if you cannot get to a fixed testing site – call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
Restrictions across Victoria have changed. Currently it is mandatory to wear a face mask when you are at the airport and during your flight.
Circuit breaker restrictions are outlined in full here: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covidsafe-settings
Public Exposure sites are listed at the following link: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
People aged 12 and over are now eligible to receive the Covid-19 Vaccine.
More information can be found here: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/who-can-get-vaccinated
Links & Information
|For the latest Victorian government travel information please visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au|
|For the latest COVID-19 information regarding travel within Australia, please visit health.gov.au|
|For the latest COVID-19 information regarding international travel please visit smartraveller.gov.au|
|For hygiene advice please visit health.gov.au|
|For the latest DHHS information regarding current Victorian restrictions please visit dhhs.vic.gov.au|
Please note that Avalon Airport is in Victoria’s regional zone
How We're Looking After Your Health
In order to provide an experience for you that is as touchless as possible, we’ve installed:
- A new CT scanner at security which doesn’t require you to remove your laptop from your bag unless requested
Please note that
- Check in kiosks will be cleaned frequently
- If a security guard is required to make contact with a passenger for the purposes of security screening, appropriate PPE will be worn and replaced on each occasion
- Security trays will be cleaned frequently
- We have dedicated entry and exit points to the terminal. Please follow the signs.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed throughout the airport
- Floor and LED screen reminders of physical distancing requirements are throughout the airport
- We’ve separated the furniture to allow for physical distancing
- We’ve simplified our café menu to mostly Grab and Go food to expedite your dining experience
Our customer service officers are in the terminal.
Please ask for assistance if you require it and they will be happy to help.
How You Can Help Us
Before you visit Avalon Airport:
- If you are sick or have symptoms do not travel.
- Please check DHHS website that you are acting within the latest DHHS guidelines by visiting the airport.
- We recommend that you allow a little more time than usual when flying, given new expectations around physical distancing may impact timings.
As you enter the airport:
- Condition of entry to Avalon Airport is that you wear a fitted face mask in accordance with DHHS regulations.
- In order that we may assist with contact tracing if required, everyone must sign in when they enter Avalon Airport's terminal or any other buildings at the airport. This can be done by scanning the QR code on the signage at the entry with your phone. Customer Service Officers will be present to assist or add details for those without the capacity to scan.
- Please use the supplied hand sanitiser as you enter the check in area and as often as you need thereafter.
At the airport:
- You must physically distance where practical. Please maintain distance from staff, other passengers and people not in your travel group.
- You must physically distance while waiting in any queues. This includes at check in, security, the cafe, or lining up to board your flight.
- Furniture has been placed to allow for physical distancing. Please do not move it.
- Please practise good hygiene by regularly washing your hands and sneezing or coughing into your elbow.
- After sitting at a table please dispose of all your rubbish into bins provided before boarding/leaving.
- Be patient. Note that any abusive behaviour towards staff or any person will not be tolerated. Please be kind to one another.
Processes may take longer than usual due to the extra care being taken for your health in this environment.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.