- Entrance to the Avalon Airport Car Park (Car Park) establishes a contract between you and Avalon Airport (contract). The contract is subject to the terms and conditions as set out below (Terms and Conditions). A copy of the Terms and Conditions can also be found at the Avalon Airport website.
- For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, Avalon Airport includes all associated entities, employees, agents and contractors (Avalon Airport).
- Where parking is booked online through the Avalon Airport website, entrance to the Car Park is subject to the Terms and Conditions, in addition to any terms and conditions that apply to the Avalon Airport online booking system, as amended from time to time.
- Entrance to and use of this Car Park is at your own risk.
- By agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this contract, you agree to:
i) provide evidence of your lawful entrance to the Car Park if requested, by producing
a valid parking ticket as proof of entrance;
ii) park only in non-restricted parking spaces and within the boundaries of the marked
parking bays, unless otherwise authorised;
iii) comply with all reasonable and lawful directions given to you by Avalon Airport;
drive carefully and responsibly, obeys all speed limits and otherwise comply with all road rules; and
iv) pay all parking fees and costs incurred through your use of the Car Park.
- Only vehicles up to 2.2 metres high and that are able to fit within the dimensions of a standard parking bay (5.4 metres long x 2.4 metres wide) may be parked at the Car Park. If you wish to park a vehicle that does not satisfy these requirements, please contact us on (03) 5227 9100.
- The Road Safety Act 1986 (Vic) continues to operate once you have entered the Car Park. Entrance to the Car Park is taken to be confirmation that you are a person licenced to operate a motor vehicle in the relevant State or Territory in which your licence is issued.
- Entrance to and use of the Car Park automatically grants Avalon Airport a general lien over the vehicle to the extent that Avalon Airport has the right to retain possession of your vehicle if Avalon Airport becomes aware of outstanding parking fees and costs associated with your entrance to and use of the Car Park. Where Avalon Airport retains possession of your vehicle, parking fees will continue to accrue until all fees and costs are recovered by Avalon Airport.
- Prior to exiting the Car Park, you are required to pay the relevant parking fee. The parking fee is calculated based on the duration a car spends in the Car Park between entrance to and exit from the Car Park. Details of parking fees are located at the payment booths, at the entrance to the Car Park and on the Avalon Airport website, as amended from time to time. If you lose or fail to present your parking ticket upon leaving the Car Park, you will be charged the maximum amount displayed.
i) you breach the Terms and Conditions of this contract;
ii) your vehicle is uncollected for a period of 90 days after entry into the Car Park;
iii) you do not pay the outstanding parking fees and costs associated with your entrance and use of the Car Park; or
iv) if your vehicle appears to be abandoned,
Avalon Airport may do one or more of the following:
a) move and store your vehicle at another location, at your cost and of no liability to Avalon Airport of any damage or loss caused to you or the vehicle;
b) contact VicRoads to notify it of the uncollected or abandoned vehicle; or
c) sell your vehicle or otherwise dispose of your vehicle and recover any amounts owed by you to Avalon Airport and incurred by Avalon Airport in moving and storing your vehicle.
- While Avalon Airport will take all reasonable steps to protect your vehicle while in the Car Park, you agree to release Avalon Airport from all liability, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including any loss, damage or injury that occurs to a person or property, regardless of whether the loss, damage or injury is direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or economic arising from entering, using or exiting the Car Park. Avalon Airport waive all liability where loss, damage or injury arises from default, misconduct or otherwise by Avalon Airport. Specifically, Avalon Airport disclaims all liability to you under or in respect of the subject matter of this contract, which includes any claims arising under statute, tort or otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Avalon Airport will not be liable for loss or damage to any valuables left unattended in your vehicle.