Making it easier
We'd like Avalon Airport to be an accessible place for people of any age or ability.
- Our parking and terminal are based on one level
- Our car parks are right out the front so no need to catch a shuttle bus to the terminal
- Each bathroom contains an ambulant toilet
- We have a designated Dog Relief Area out the front of the domestic terminal for Assistance Animals
- Hearing augmentation for regular announcements is provided
- Hearing loops are installed in the check-in and the boarding lounge area
- There are public telephones of varying height in the check-in area
- We have plenty of disability designated parking and drop off zones
Every airline has different accessibility procedures. If you or a travel companion require assistance, be sure to advise the airline at the time of booking.
Arriving early for your flight helps our friendly staff to assist you as much as possible.
Remember that the airport gets busier closer to each flight arrival and departure.
And naturally, don't hesitate to ask our friendly terminal staff for assistance should you require it.
Avalon Airport Accessibility Plan - October 2016