So… where is Avalon Airport?
Great question. Easy answer. Avalon Airport is located in a really good position for anyone wanting to get to Melbourne or Geelong, the Bellarine or the Great Ocean Road and the Twelve Apostles.
But given Avalon is surrounded by Australian bushland, farmland and the coast as opposed to suburbia, the landing can sometimes generate a little confusion for those aiming for Victoria’s capital, Melbourne.
Step away from the GPS and remain calm.
Avalon Airport is located right between Melbourne and Geelong on a pretty straight road.
When you leave Avalon you’ll quickly reach the Princes Freeway and you simply head north (to your right) if you want to go to Melbourne, or south (to your left) to Geelong the Bellarine or the Great Ocean Road.
How do I get to where I want to go?
Another great question. There’s lots of options – even last minute ones:
- Buy a fare for SkyBus online or from the booth in our terminal (the cheapest option for Melbourne travellers). They currently service both Melbourne and Geelong region and have AMAZING family deals plus other awesome perks
- Hire a car easily from any of the many car hire companies in our terminal or online
- Catch a Taxi (average fare to Geelong is $40-$50 and to Melbourne is $120-$130)
- Book an Uber (offers $20 off a new user’s first ride)
Avalon Airport is super close to:
- Many parts of Melbourne (just twenty-five minutes from Werribee…)
- The Great Ocean Road – and the Twelve Apostles!
- Geelong and the Bellarine
- Amazing wineries
- Incredible views
- Koalas and kangaroos. Yes. That’s right. We’re only 20 minutes from Serendip and the You Yangs and if nature is your thing – see more here about the quintessential Australia you’ve landed in – we’re in a stunning part of the world!
So. Relax. Not only did you most likely get the best fares to Melbourne, you actually chose the central simple-to-navigate airport, with great options to get you where you need to go.
Don’t take our word for it…. Read this fabulous article by Rebecca Andrews on Escape.